_______________________________________

_______________________________________

Thursday, May 03, 2007

World's greatest inventions


Though some people might think the wheel or pen or some other totally random item is worthy of the world's greatest invention title, clearly they have a cup of dirt for a brain.

Been musing this for a while, and it is clearly evident to me that we all should be in humble awe of the elevator
How cool is it? It goes up. It goes down. It saves you walking up the stairs. Its way cool. And for the skeptics out there, where would the empire state building be without and elevator? Would you have a penthouse or live on the top floor? No. The elevator has revolutionised the world. It is clearly under-appreciated and deserves more credit.

To find out more about the elevator go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator

In other news - how fab-o is the word "Orange". It is was it says - its the colour, the fruit - it even feels orange - its a word that has it all. If I was a word, I'd be orange.

Though, tomorrow I'd be something else.

3 comments:

Laura T said...

Excerpts from “20 MORE fun things to do in an elevator”

2. Demand everyone ‘honk’ your nose before they get off
6. Ask people what gender they are.
15. Stare at another passenger for awhile, announce ‘you're one of THEM!’ and move to the far corner of the elevator.
16. Leave a box between the doors and scream unnecessarily when they won’t shut.
19. Bring a water pistol.. soak everyone’s shoes..
20. Laugh hysterically for five seconds, stop, and glace at other passengers.

Hmm.. these did come from a 1997 journal our school group use to write together..

And I think spoon is a much cooler world than orange.. it just rolls off the tongue.. and is useful when it comes to moving stuff like ice-cream and cake..

Jill said...

What's the most stupid thing you've ever bought on EBay?

JOe said...

well Jill there are a lot of things bought, what's stupid to you is a treasure to me... things that I wish I hadn't? well, there's the.. .geee I cant remember, but there are stupid things that I have sold (bohemian crystal, boring dvds, broken mobile phones - and the people knew it was broken!).

I guess I want people to buy stupid things on ebay, so that I can sell them... :)

Of course, there is the beautifully stupid on ebay...

http://snipurl.com/1jdgp

*sigh* only if I had a spare $25k